Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Snow on October 31st

What a surprise to wake up to on halloween morning!  It was a pretty significant snow fall.  I don't remember another time when we've built a snowman in the morning and then carved pumpkins in the afternoon.  Yesterday, when Caelan and I went out for a walk, I saw what I thought was a brilliant way to commemorate this unique day- someone had built a snowman and used their jack-o-lantern as the head!  I've never seen one of those before and I'd be happy if I never did again.  I prefer a more mild temperature halloween, one where snow suits aren't part of the costume.
Darcy and Damian building a snowman, Caelan's the little blob on the left.

Darcy ended up making our snowman family.  She's sitting in Daddy's wheelbarrow and if you look closely you might see Mommy's Elmo phone wedged in under her chin!

It's almost all gone now...

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. It must have taken all the snow in your yard to make your snow family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great snow family you did a fantastic job Darcy I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hs, nope there was still lots left... could have made a bunch more families. It's a BIG yard!

    ReplyDelete