Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Naked Chef

Jamie Oliver.

Heard of him?

Well, I took one of his cookbooks out of the library last week and have been drooling over it ever since.  The cookbook layout is completely differently from any other cookbook I own or have read.  It's set up for entire meals and the directions are set up to have you multitasking you way to a lovely dinner in around 30 minutes.  Hence the title.



I loved the idea so much that I decided that my entire family should and would too!  Too many of the meals were enticing to me, I couldn't pick which one to try first.  I decided that everyone would pick a menu for us to try this week. 

Last night was Ryland's pick.  Here's the page she chose:


And our final dinner table...


De-lish!!!

And the big question... Was it really ready in 30 minutes?

It was closer to 40 minutes, but it was so worth it!  Maybe the extra time was because we had to keep running out to the garden to get the parsley! The instructions were easy to follow; there was nothing too complicated.

The girls were happy to try everything (surprised?) and our only real concern was biting through that ciabatta loaf! 

I never thought I'd want to buy another cookbook with all the recipes that you can find on-line, but this might just be the one!!

3 comments:

  1. I "heart" Jamie Oliver.....but I have never, ever cooked any of his recipes. That looks amazing! I wonder do they have this at Costco? I think I will have to look for it...and yes, like you I made a vow not to purchase any more cookbooks...especially with Pinterest but looking at this and reading your blog I may have to make the exception xoxo
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you guys would come take over meals in my house

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you're welcome over here any time Tam!
    xo

    ReplyDelete