Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday meal menu

Well, things have been busy and there are a few meals last week that we never got to.  One night I had a girls night out and the little ladies were at their grandparents so I'm not sure what Damian had for dinner but I know he didn't make whatever I had initially planned for all four of us to eat.  The girls were at their grandparents another night when Damian and I opted for leftovers to make sure nothing went to waste in the fridge.  Leftovers, in my opinion can go either way.  Sometimes they are delish and other times they're just okay.  We had left over burgers and mashed potatoes in the fridge, we made gravy and sauteed up some onions, mushrooms and green peppers and we both LOVED it!  I think because it's unlike anything we've had in ages, simply not something I see the girls enjoying but I could be wrong and it may stay on my radar for the cooler weather.

For this week, these are the meals I have planned

Chicken skewers with fiery noodles
Homemade pizza using a cream cheese base, left over pulled pork, caramelized onions and peppers
Greek salad and oregano beef koftas
Roasted beet and carrot salad
spaghetti with grilled ratatouille or eggplant parmesan
Rice and kabobs - beef, peppers, mushrooms...
Crustless quiche and grilled bread salad with roasted red peppers and cherry tomatoes

Every week I ask the other members of my family if there is anything that they feel like eating.  For the most part I get no response or input.  This week Damian asked for food that wouldn't cause fights... I might be pushing it a little but I'm hoping that it all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment