From our list of 35 suggestions we almost completed half of them! Oh well, the summer felt busy enough and I've got a head start on next year's list! I have to remember that we also managed some adventures that weren't on the list...
Biodome in MontrealJuly 31 Farmers Markets* Metcalfe June 16, Chesterville July 7, Kemptville
- Busker Festival: The weekend this was on we went on our first camping trip as the Piche 5!
Have a picnicJuly 7
- Visit Mackenzie King Estates: Nope!
- Fly a kite: Nope!
- Watch planes take off: On Damian and Caelan's visit to the Aviation Museum they did watch a helicopter take off... That's got to count for something!
- Pick strawberries
and make strawberry shortcakeJune
- Run through the sprinkler: Nope!
Play at a splash pad* with Poppa and Lolo on June 16, check
- Visit a waterpark: Nope!
- Go on a family bike ride: Well, I know that everyone went one day while I was at work.
- Changing of the Guard on Parliament Hill: Nope!
- RCMP Sunset Ceremony (June 26-30): Didn't realize how popular an event this was. Next year we'll have to plan better to get there early!
Play a game of mini golfdone Go for a walk on the beachJuly 8
- Blow bubbles: We did this lots before the Bucket List was made but never after, go figure?
Dragon Boat festival (June 22-24)June 24th
- Build a sandcastle: Thought better of this one.
- Paint a work of art outside: The girls painted some art in the garage...
- Go for a walk in the rain *June 24th
- Go bowling: Nope!
Go fishingdone Go for a boat ridedo peddle boats count?
- Watch hot air balloons take off: Nope!
- Cosmic adventures *Caelan and Mom June 30
- Tall Ships Festival: Okay, I must have been crazy when I added this to the list because it's in Halifax?!?! We had no intention of getting there this summer. We did however go to the Pirate Festival in Gananoque...
- Play Daddy's tire game: Nope!
Enjoy a root beer or orange soda floatJuly 8
- Prepare our entire dinner by campfire: I'm going to blame this one on the dry weather and fire bans that lasted all summer long!
Prepare an entire meal from food from the farmers markettried Go to a fair- Russell Fair Sept. 9 Skip rocksJuly 8
- Feed some ducks * July 1
Backyard campingfor real!!
Yah, I don't think so!